First Round: February 5 – February 7, 2013
Second Round: February 14, 2013
HOW DO I APPLY?
The Capstone Men and Women are chosen competitively each February through an interview process conducted by The Capstone Men and Women selection committee. Members of the group must also try out every year. No particular male/female ratio is established for the group. Members are required to meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.9 or higher
- At least second-semester freshman standing
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate (no fifth-year seniors or graduate/law students)
- Involvement, but not over-commitment, in campus activities
- Ability to devote from five to ten hours or more each week to group duties while maintaining good grades
- Ability to participate regularly in Tuesday night meetings, weekend and evening events
- Willingness to memorize a volume of material about The University of Alabama and to keep up with current information about its growth and development
- Ability to learn the official van/walking tour of the campus and to present it in a professional manner to prospective students, their parents, and other campus visitors
- Excellent oral communication skills and poise in dealing with diverse groups of individuals
- Must comply with Capstone Men and Women Guidelines
- Deadline to apply for membership is Friday, February 1, 2013. All applications with a photograph are due in 284 Rose Administration Building by 12:00 p.m. No application will be accepted after the deadline, regardless of the circumstance.
- A mandatory Convocation will be held on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in Ferguson Center Theater to discuss the selection process. Failure to attend the Convocation will result in automatic disqualification of the applicant.
The Capstone Men and Women include the best and the brightest of The University of Alabama’s students. Exciting opportunities abound for group members. Don’t miss this once-a-year chance to try out for this distinguished honor!